How often should you post to your website to insure great website rankings? If you want great rankings, you need great SEO and the most important factor in determining your rankings is the quality of your posts, or website articles. You will be surprised to learn that you may not need to write as much or often as you think.
This post corresponds to our latest podcast episode of “Russ and Randy” – a podcast on Healthcare and Medical Internet Marketing. We hope you like “Winning the Rankings Race.” You can find us on iTunes.
There are 3 Rs or general rules to achieving great rankings, or great SEO. Your articles must be;
- Relevant to the Google Search (it must answer the question asked or provide a solution)
- Refreshed – articles must be published on a site that is refreshed (new content)
- Regularly – website must be refreshed regularly with relevant content
Assuming you are writing great content, for your website to rank well, you must write often, but how often?
With Whom are You Competing
To dominate the rankings, you need to write more than your competitors. The more competitors you have, the more you’ll have to write.
But who are your competitors?
You will be glad to know that your competitors are NOT your colleagues with whom you share the same specialty. The definition of competition has changed. Your actual competitors are;
- Those who practice the same specialty as you
- Those who practice in the same area (zip code) as you
- Those who have an active website, like you
Very few of your competitors will be maintaining an active website. All you need to do is outwrite them!
Own Your Zip Code
You want to publish better content and more often than your digital competitors with whom you share a geographic location…or your zip code.
Your goal is to write better and more often than those in your surrounding community…to own your zip code!
All the best!